Ready or not, here they come! The holiday season is here. Time to start thinking about turkeys and pumpkin pie, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Giving Tuesday and all the other fun stuff that happens during the month of November.
It's also one of your busiest times of the year, so here's a bit of holiday prep to give you a head start on planning show bits and conversation starters. Have fun!
The first Thanksgiving dinner (a 3 day celebration) was celebrated in 1621.
According to Fox Business News:
• Americans will eat 46 million turkeys on Thanksgiving Day. Nearly half of those Turkeys come from Minnesota. (22 million)
• Favorite side dish? 31% of Americans prefer mashed potatoes.
• 95% of Americans spend Thanksgiving Day with family.
Conversation Starters: Thanksgiving Day menus, favorite family dishes, where will you celebrate Thanksgiving this year?
According to USA Today:
• The average American eats 4,500 calories on Thanksgiving Day.
• The Butterball Turkey Hotline (1-800-BUTTERBALL) answers more than 100,000 questions during the Thanksgiving season.
Conversation Starters: Who do you call for advice about Thanksgiving dinner?
Holiday Shopping Facts &
• Americans spend an average of
$750 dollars on Christmas presents
• On average, consumers expect to receive 14 gifts during the holiday season
• Christmas trees equal big business during the holidays. Between 2006 and 2015, Americans spent 1.3 billion dollars on Christmas trees.
• Half of all Americans (50%) buy presents online.
Conversation Starters: Do you budget for Christmas gifts, or are you an impulse buyer?
Do you like one big gift or several small ones? Do you do live or artificial Christmas trees? Funniest Christmas tree story? (Involving animals, decorations, mishaps that turned out ok?)
Bill Arbuckle CMW
Fox Business News Story:
USA Today Story: